Monday Monday, so good to me


8am wake up. Don’t snooze at all today. Muesli with about 2 tablespoons of sugar. Fit in some reading time on metro. Work more chilled than last week as people are actually answering their phones today. Everything functions on a Monday.

11.05am. Online banking tells me student loans are in. Hello.

Get sent out to shops to collect things. Despite a taxi driver yelling at me as I made him go through about 10 one way systems to three different places and wait for me each time I went to get something, it was quite nice being driven around. One of my fav shops in Madrid is called Ekseption which stocks everything from The Row to Oscar de La Renta. Anyway, they had these really cute fluorescent style string bracelets with mother of pearl charms by Aurelie Bidermann. Couldn´t shop on the job unfortunately.

2pm. Go to the most amazing beautician called Alice in Wonderland. It even has a mini-sized door and it IS actually wonderland. Quaint French music, flower wallpaper, teacups and bunny rabbits. Walk around chic Chueca with Shopie and keep seeing amazing restaurants. I wish I lived there. We avoided the magnetic pull of all the bistros but finally gave in and had a menu del día at cute little Italian restaurant. Doughy bread is the best.

Continue strolling in the sun and we find an awesome Californian sunglass brand called Sabre. Gave in and bought a wide framed aubergine pair a la Juno. Not the cheapest of sunny Gs I have to admit. I cannot under any circumstance break these ones. I call it the first day loan syndrome- first day expenditure does not count. I should have bought more.

6pm. Gym gym. Realise it’s actually a steam room not a sauna they have in the changing room. Yes! Fortunately not busy. Went mental on the steppers and my iPod didn’t run out of battery which is usually what happens as I am incapable of charging anything to full battery. Tengo agujetas hasta las orejas.

10pm. Fruit salad and Spanish TV with Soph. Still don’t like kiwis mate.

Now. Uninterrupted Grey’s Anatomy in duvet. Perfect.

0 comments: